Sacramental Preparation Process for Confirmation and First Communion
Holy Family is one of several parishes in the Diocese of San Jose that has been given permission to restore the order or of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist). At Holy Family any child preparing for and receiving First Eucharist will, also prepare for and receive the sacraments of First Penance and Confirmation prior to receiving First Eucharist (Communion).
To qualify for the process of preparation for these sacraments a child:
- Must be Baptized Roman Catholic
- Must be at the age of discretion (7 years of age and in 2nd grade) or older
- Must not yet have received Confirmation and First Eucharist
- Have had one year of prior, formal, religious education (Like Generations of Faith) and
- Be currently enrolled in religious education, either in the parish school or in the parish Faith Formation program,Generations of Faith
- Have a basic understanding of what it means to belong to the Catholic Church
- Have begun a friendship with Jesus through prayer
- Have a desire to be part of the church
** Any child (age 7 or older) who has received 1st Holy Communion (Eucharist) and has not yet celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation is welcome to join the Preparation Process. Please contact the Faith Formation Office at 408-265-5374.
Please note: Children who are not baptized or baptized in another Faith Tradition and are interested in becoming fully initiated in the Catholic Church, are asked to call Katy Anderson in the Faith Formation Office 265-5374